Dr. David W. MacPhee
- Assistant Professor
Areas of Research
- Computational Methods Applied to Energy-related Problems
- Novel Morphing-blade Wind Turbines
- Simulation of Thermal Energy Storage Processes
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of California - San Diego and San Diego State University
- M.A.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- B.S. Mathematics and Engineering, Queens University
Dr. David W. MacPhee’s research involves the application of computational methods to solve energy related problems. This includes the design of novel morphing-blade wind turbines and simulation of thermal energy storage processes.
He is also generally interested in optimization, continuum mechanics, fluid-structure interaction, energy conversion, and is assistant director of the Alabama Industrial Assessment Center.