Dr. Keivan Davami
- assistant professor
Areas of Research
- Additive Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Systems
- Surface Engineering
- Micro/Nano Fabrication
- Ph.D., Nanotechnology, POSTECH University, South Korea, 2013
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Tehran, Iran, 2008
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Najaf Abad, Iran, 2005
Dr. Keivan Davami joined the mechanical engineering faculty at The University of Alabama in July 2019 as an assistant professor. Before joining The University of Alabama, he was an assistant professor in the department of mechanical engineering at Lamar University in Texas. He was a research fellow in the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory in Washington D.C. as well as a postdoctoral research scholar at the University of Pennsylvania prior to joining Lamar University.
Davami’s research interests are focused on advanced manufacturing and surface modification techniques, in particular, additive manufacturing and laser shock peening, as well as metamaterials and micro/nano fabrication.
- K. Davami, M. Mohsenizadeh, M. Mitcham, P. Damasus, Q. Williams, “Additively Manufactured Self-Healing Materials”, Nature Scientific Reports, 9, 7474 (2019).
- M. Munther, T. Palma, A. Beheshti, K. Davami, “Nanomechanical Characterization of Post-Processed Additively Manufactured Superalloys,” Advanced Engineering Materials, 201900499, (2019).
- T. Palma, M. Munther, P. Damasus, S. Salari, A. Beheshti, K. Davami, “Multiscale Mechanical and Tribological Characterizations of Additively Manufactured Polyamide 12 Parts with Different Print Orientations,” Manufacturing Processes, 40, 76-83 (2019).
- M. Munther, M. Mohsenizadeh, T. Palma, A. Beheshti, K. Momeni, K. Davami, “Dynamic Energy Absorption Characteristics of Additively-Manufactured Shape-Recovering Lattice Structures,” Materials Research Express, 6, 045302 (2019).
- M. Mohsenizadeh, F. Gasbarri, M. Munther, A. Beheshti, K. Davami, “Additively-Manufactured Lightweight Metamaterials for Energy Absorption,” Materials and Design, 139, 521-530 (2018).
- I. Bargatin and K. Davami, Ultrathin Robust Plate Nanomaterials, US Patent App. 15/456,718, 2017.
Honors and Awards:
- NRC Research Associateship Award from the National Academies of Sciences